Happy Blogoversary!

Grandbooking Turns 1!

1tor8wowjkgbp

Sending gratitude and a virtual slice of cake to my followers, supporters, readers, commenters, lurkers, sharers, retweeters and friends. You know who you are. Welcome, if this is the first time you’ve visited. Thanks to the loyal and the curious in 55 countries strewn around the world. You’ve all been part of my blogging journey…You’re all grand in my book!

My most viewed post (by far) has turned out to be the one detailing a personal project I undertook for my community: There’s a New Library in Town. Together with Little Free Library—Chapter 2 and Little Free Library Comes to Sunset Park, these posts tell the story of how I became interested and involved in this global literacy campaign.

1170679_10151594310561938_2121724433_n

True to form, I thought I would suggest a few children’s books that fit with the spirit of celebrating my blogoversary. After all, the traditional present for first anniversaries is paper (although some of you read books on your personal tech devices).

51ZzVUpDL5L._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_

Happy Birthday to You! is Dr. Seuss’ delightful classic for all ages that reminds us that birthdays are meant to be celebrated because Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!

• 51kHR+8VgDL._SX258_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_

A Birthday Cake Is No Ordinary Cake by Debra Frasier invites children to think about another year passing from a scientific perspective: We’re riding the Earth in a great spinning circle around the Sun, from your birthday to your next birthday….but concludes with a cake recipe to sweeten the lesson.
518I+aOQBhL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_In The Secret Birthday Message  by Eric Carle with its vivid, eye-catching illustrations, a birthday child wakes up to a secret message and then is led through all the clues to discover the surprise gift – totally enchanting for a child.
IMG_2776
Finally, good wishes go out to a little friend of mine, Lorena, who is celebrating a special day.

Tagged: , ,

16 thoughts on “Happy Blogoversary!

1. rob brock February 26, 2014 at 3:50 pm Reply

what a gr8 year you’ve had – a wonderful and interesting blog ( now in the local newspapers as well), establishing the Little Free Library in HP and soon your book will be published.! congratulations – keep it going !

2. Max February 26, 2014 at 5:22 pm Reply

proud of you!!

3. Grandma Kc February 26, 2014 at 8:17 pm Reply

Happy Blogoversary Belinda! I hope we have many more wonderful years of your blogging to look forward to!

• belindambrock February 26, 2014 at 11:04 pm Reply

Thanks, Kc! I’m so glad to have met you and discovered your blog this year!

4. Martin February 27, 2014 at 4:12 am Reply

Happy Blogoversary! The virtual cake was virtually yummy.

5. belindambrock February 27, 2014 at 10:17 am Reply

Thanks, Martin! Just so you know, it was chocolate and raspberry and actually yummy 🙂

6. Jess@Fairday's Blog March 2, 2014 at 3:51 pm Reply

Congratulations on a year of blogging! I love those little libraries. I started one at my work! 🙂 I haven’t read that Eric Carle book yet- but it sounds so good. Thanks for sharing!

7. belindambrock March 3, 2014 at 1:54 pm Reply

Thanks, Jess! I’m glad you stopped by…love my fellow “librarians.” Btw, my husband calls ours, the Stuart Little Free Library.

8. Kaye Swain-RE (@KayeSwain) March 4, 2014 at 12:17 am Reply

Mega congrats – and grand list of books 🙂

9. Joyce March 4, 2014 at 6:46 am Reply

Thank you for alerting me to these birthday theme books. Except for Dr. Seuss, I had no idea. These would make wonderful gifts for the 6 grandchildren!

• belindambrock March 4, 2014 at 1:57 pm Reply

Joyce, I appreciate your visit. I think your blog is so fun!

10. Peggy Jones March 4, 2014 at 11:23 am Reply

I remember the first photo when it originally went up. Congratulations.

• belindambrock March 4, 2014 at 2:00 pm Reply

Thanks, Peggy. Congrats on your great-grandson! My mother had 12 great-grandchildren and that was very special.